12 May 2014

On Monday's We Have Steak


A few weeks ago, I was treated to a steak at Marco Pierre's Restaurant in Chelsea.




Before this, I have always been anti-steak and have been known to refer to it as 'a slab of meat' on several occasions. Clearly I have been missing out for many years!

I have to say, it was probably one of the best dinners i have had.....EVER! Since discovering my love for that juicy slab of meat, all i have wanted to do recently is go for a steak!

So, on Monday night, Reuben and I decided to go to a local pub for some dinner.


The Globe is a lovely pub close by, en route to Bath, so (luckily) we are always passing.

There is a lovely pub garden which is great for the summer and set back from the main road, which makes it feel like you are in the middle of the countryside.

The decor inside the pub is beautiful and we even got given the best seats in the house (maybe we look extra special)!!






Safe to say we were both pretty starving. We ordered the minute we were seated and sat in anticipation. I went for the well done steak, there's is nothing worse that sitting down to a plate of bloody, uncooked cow! It's gruesome enough just looking at it, let alone eating it. Reuben on the other hand went for rare!



Do you ever get that feeling where you are so hungry and excited for your food that you get all fidgety and start playing with things.

Things that you would get away with doing when you were younger and in your parents company, but maybe not so much when you are supposedly about to enjoy a 'sophisticated' dinner!

Anyway, it did the trick and before we knew it our food had arrived......



Nothing beats some good, hearty, pub food, but i have to say, having been determined I wanted my steak well done, it took me a good half hour and a very achy jaw to get through the whole lot. Maybe I would have been better off with medium after all!

When the dessert board was brought over, our Sweet tooth's were both extremely tempted. I was eyeing up the Apple Galette, while Reuben was drawn towards the Pimm's Eton Mess.


But.....we decided to be 'good' and avoid the puddings, maybe we will have to come back just for a pudding testing!

We hopped in the car and headed back, ready to lie down and digest our very full tummies!


Driving back, we followed the country roads, which exposed the most beautiful blue sky.

It's living in London that makes me realise how amazing it is to look up and see an empty, peaceful sky, as opposed to the towering building and cranes that we see in London.

I have a feeling we may be doing a few more of these trips when the real sun comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment